CNET came out with a very easy way to make your own stylus in practically 2 minutes. This is more for people who are just unwilling to part with $10 and wait for it to be shipped over.
So here’s what you need:-
- A cotton swab
- Aluminum foil
- A pen
- Water or your saliva (yucks)
Once you have all that you need, here are the steps:-
- Remove the ink from the pen that you have.
- Cut the cotton swab at a sharp pointy angle(about 2 cm will do).
- Insert the cotton swab into the pen mouth and secure it with tape around the base of the cotton swab.
- Cut out a small square from the aluminium foil (about 6-7 cm width and height will do).
- Wrap the foil around the neck of the pen making sure that it’s touching the tip of the cotton swab.
- Secure the aluminium foil with tape at the bottom where it’s touching the pen.
- Moisten the cotton swab with a drop of water or if you like your saliva.
There you have it, that’s all you need to do to make a stylus. Maybe you’re wondering why does it work? Aluminium foil and water is the key ingredient where static electricity from your fingers touching the foil will pass it through to the cotton swab and the water is the conductor.
However if you find it a hassle after reading all this, there are some pretty decent stylus for less than $5. Anyway here’s the video on how to do it.